• Relations establishment with other NGO’s and civic society representatives.
• Relations establishment with mass media:
– invitations of representatives of mass media for events organized by CFOA,
– providing mass media with appropriate information on the activities and programs of the
• Dissemination of official position of the CFOA through announcements, interviews, analytical or other articles and otherwise.
• Clarification and disproving of distortion of information about the CFOA through mass media.
• Dissemination of information about CFOA’s Board’s decisions and activities.
• Development of laws and normative acts on local self-governance, and organization of discussions with local government and civic society representatives.
• Preparation of legislative amendments and initiation of discussions with the Standing Committees on State and Legal Affairs and Financial-Credit, Budgetary and Economic Affairs of the National Assembly of RA as well as with the Ministry of Territorial Administration and Coordination of Infrastructures and the
• Ministry of Finance and Economy
• Publication and dissemination of comments and explanatory methodological instructions on adopted legislative documents.
• Organization of conferences and seminars on local self-governance.
• Advocacy of community’s rights and monitoring the implementation of the legislation by State Bodies/institutions.
• Organization of discussions on initiatives directed towards improvement of the legal framework of local self-government in the communities of RA.
• Provision the Local Government Units personnel dealing with issues of social, economic and financial management with appropriate information.
• Provision advisory and technical assistance to LGU personnel in compiling three-year and annual programs of social and economic development, budget drafting, supervision over their execution, reporting, etc.
• Organization of training programs, workshops and seminars for LGU finance and management specialists, development and provision of curriculum and methodological materials in co-operation with international organizations.
• Testing and applying modern methods and mechanisms of financial management (Western and Eastern Europe , CIS) in the RA communities and evaluation of their efficiency.
• Ensuring experience sharing among communities, introducing successful experience, further extension of works towards rural communities.
• Advocacy of interests of LGU finance and other personnel, increase of their importance.
• Expansion of the services provided by the CFOA.
• Submission of applications for the membership and deprivation thereof to the Board of CFOA.
• Monitoring of payment of membership fees by the members of the CFOA.
• Preparation of suggestions on possible sources of revenues (non-grant) and expenditure items, and monitoring thereof execution.
• Organizations of CFOA’s meetings .
• Establishment of relations with business companies, branches and representations.
• Establishment of cooperation and partnership with foreign NGO’s dealing with local self-government issues.
• Establishment of relationships with international organizations dealing with local government issues.
• Participation in international forums, conferences and seminars dedicated to reforms in public administration, decentralization, and local self-government issues.
• Submission to donor organizations regional programs, and thereof implementation.
• Examination of international experience on local self-governance, provision communities with corresponding information and identification of possible ways of introducing thereof in the RA.
• Organization of regional and international conferences and seminars.
• Preparation and publication of materials and scientific works in local and foreign Press.